Bloomberg Daybreak delivers today's top stories, with context, in just 15 minutes. Get informed from Bloomberg's 2,700 journalists and analysts in 120 countries...
5 von 364
China Property Crisis, Private Equity Debt, Solomon & Dimon On Rates
On today's podcast:
(1) China's property crisis deepens as defaults pile up and Evergrande's former CEO is detained.
(2) The EU's chief trade negotiator says Beijing's failure to condemn Russia is damaging China's investment opportunities.
(3) The CEO's of Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan warn of the impact of higher rates.
(4) The London Stock Exchange CEO Julia Hoggett says UK firms risk their market value by listing in America.
(5) Some investors warn that buyout firms are borrowing at interest rates of as much as 19% and the risk of wider fallout is growing.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
EU 'More Assertive' on China, Ukraine Test, HS2's Shaky Future
On today's podcast:(1) The EU's top trade negotiator warns China that it will be 'more assertive'.
(2) Anger grows as Rishi Sunak considers scrapping part of HS2.
(3) A key Republican holdout says he's ready for a short US government shutdown.
(4) Hollywood writers and studios agree a tentative deal to end months of strike action.
(5) Why Europe's unity on sending weapons to Ukraine may be in for another big test. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Bloomberg Daybreak Weekend with Tom Busby takes a look at some of the stories we'll be tracking for you in the coming week including a trip to the World Aviation festival in Lisbon, a preview of the upcoming Republican Presidential primary debate and the state of China's economy. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
The Chancellor Talks China, Ukraine Pressure & Flying Fakes
On today's podcast:(1) Jeremy Hunt tells Bloomberg the West must talk to China over how to regulate AI.
(2) The Bank of England pauses two years of rate hikes as recession risks loom.
(3) Pressure mounts on Ukraine's President as his allies turn up the heat.
(4) American Airlines becomes the latest carrier to find suspect parts on its planes. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Rate Expectations, A Property Hot Spot & Zelenskiy Meets Griffin, Ackman
On today's podcast:(1) Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell says renewed US economic strength means borrowing costs must remain higher for longer.
(2) The Bank of England will decide today whether to call a halt to a string of 14 consecutive interest-rate increases.
(3) Zelenskiy sits down for talks with financial heavyweights including Ken Griffin and Bill Ackman.
(4) Tax breaks and low interest rates have made the Swiss financial hub one of Europe's hottest housing markets.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.